Friday, October 21, 7:30pm
Saturday, October 22, 2:30pm and 7:30pm
An original production of THE PACIFIST SOLDIER tells the true story of a Civil War soldier through his letters home to family in Amana, Iowa. Johann “Fritz” Zuber left the Amana Community shortly before the start of the American Civil War to find work in Ohio. There, he joined a volunteer military unit and spent three years as a combat soldier in the Union army. His letters home reveal an excellent writer with an extremely compelling story to tell. Purchase tickets through the Amana Heritage Society Museum website or call 319-622-3567.
Sunday, October 23, 1pm (with music starting at 2pm)
Enjoy food, bluegrass music, and local vendors inside the Amana Performing Arts Center. Entry is free!
“Bluegrass Under the Summer Sky” will return next summer 2023. We want to thank all of the folks who made 2022 such a success:
- Incredibly talented Bluegrass Groups who performed live music each week
- Our amazing Volunteers who helped us make this new venture happen
- Contributions from Generous Supporters who made this all possible
- Hops & Hot Rods for providing beer on tap each Friday
- Robert Brost for providing and setting up the sound system each week
- Sutton’s Catering in Newhall for cooking up our delicious picnic meals
- Vendors who offered a variety of wares and produce every single week
- Amana Society for helping us find such a great venue
- Heyn’s Ice Cream for a perfect summer dessert
- AND All of You who attended and truly made this summer a success.